more light #69
10 Ways To Kill A Lodge
by Ed Halpaus
Grand Lodge Education Officer
Grand Lodge of A. F. & A. M. of Minnesota
The Top Ten Ways for Lodge Leadership to Kill a Lodge.
10. Donít give recognition to any Brother for helping with anything.
9. Donít present any longevity awards, and if asked just say ďthe Grand Lodge
doesnít do that any more.Ē
8. Not only allow cliques to form - encourage them by starting one yourself.
7. Ridicule the appearance of a member who doesnít meet your idea of a dress
6. Refuse help, and continue to refuse it until the members quit volunteering.
5. Donít hold any open Masonic functions; give the impression that everything
that Masons do is secret.
4. Donít put the name and phone numbers of the Master and Secretary on the door,
so that if a visiting Mason or someone else would like to contact someone from
the Lodge they donít know who or how to reach a member.
3. Donít have your Lodge participate in any civic or town activities. That is
something for Service Clubs to do.
2. Have something else to do on Lodge nights, skip some Lodge Communications,
and when you do come to Lodge let the Brethren know what you gave up to be
1. Never bring in new members.
back to top