Help Me Maintain OUR Website!!!!!!
Suggested Procedure For Electing Lodge Officers
THE WORSHIPFUL MASTER'S HANDBOOK
Grand Lodge, F.A.A.M. of the District of Columbia
1. Secretary prepares ballots for each position to be elected.
2. Two top hats are placed on the kneeling pad at foot of altar.
3. At the Worshipful Masterís order the Stewards distribute the ballots for the first position to be voted upon.
4. At the Worshipful Masterís order the Wardens to collect the ballots, the Deacons approach the altar, pick up the hats, collect the ballots and place the hats with the ballots at the altar.
5. The Worshipful Master orders the Wardens to take charge of the Ballot and they pick up the hats, take them to the Secretaryís table and put the ballots into one of the hats.
6. In the vote for the position of Worshipful Master the Senior Warden hands each ballot to the Junior Warden who announces the name on the ballot and the Secretary repeats the name and tallies the vote.
7. The Secretary announces the results of the vote, a majority of those voting being necessary for election, and the Worshipful Master informs the successful individual as follows: "Brother ___________, you have been elected to serve as ____________ of ____________ Lodge No. ____ for the ensuing Masonic year. Do you accept?" The brother responds.
8. The above procedure is repeated for each position or place with the Senior and Junior Wardens alternating in calling the names.
9. In the vote for Secretary, unless he is retiring, some brother of the Lodge other than the Secretary should tally and announce the results of the vote.
10. At the end of each successful vote the ballots should be destroyed.
NOTE: This is only a suggested procedure. Some Lodges may use different methods of electing officers.
[What is Freemasonry] [Leadership
Development] [Education] [Masonic
This site is not an official site of any recognized Masonic body in the United
States or elsewhere.
Last modified: March 22, 2014